Thursday, 8 April, 11:00 AM – 12:15 PM
IPSA President Marianne Kneuer and ISA President Helen Milner will chair a joint roundtable titled “Academic Freedom as a Challenge for International Organizations.” The two presidents will discuss the academic freedom issues with prominent academics and experts. During the roundtable, Prof. Kneuer will discuss the IPSA Academic Freedom Committee’s Survey on Violations of Academic Freedom conducted by the IPSA Committee of Academic Freedom with IPSA’s national and regional Political Science Associations to learn how they deal with academic freedom violations.
- Chair: Marianne Kneuer (University of Hildesheim)
- Katrin Kinzelbach (FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Helen Milner (Princeton University)
- Kristian Skrede Gleditsch (University of Essex)
- Robert Quinn (Scholars at Risk Network / New York University)