The German Institute for Global and Area Studies (GIGA) / Leibniz-Institut für Globale und Regionale Studien is an independent social-science research institute based in Hamburg. It analyses political, social and economic developments in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, and links this knowledge to questions of global significance. It combines region-specific analysis with innovative comparative research on accountability and participation, peace and security, globalisation and development, and global orders and foreign policies. The GIGA seeks to appoint a
Research Fellow (m/f/d)
Applications are invited for a part-time position (65%), with a contract of three years, starting as soon as possible but not later than 1 April 2022. The salary is commensurate with TV-AVH / TVöD EG 13. The successful candidate will work within the project Democratic Institutions in the Global South (DEMINGS) funded by the Leibniz Association. This project is led by Prof. Dr. Mariana Llanos.
The successful candidate will
- pursue their individual research and publication agenda in cooperation with the DEMINGS project’s research team
- be an active member of the GIGA and the GIGA Doctoral Programme, be affiliated to one of GIGA’s regional institutes, and belong to the Research Programme “Accountability and Participation”
- enrol as doctoral student at the University of Erfurt, according to the affiliation of the project leader
- contribute to all project components as appropriate, participate in international conferences, and be able to undertake fieldwork for the own research
- engage in the dissemination of research findings within the academic as well as policy community, and among the wider public.